- Iim Ranchi
IIM Ranchi was established in 2010 with the support from Indian Institute of Management Calcutta and the Government of Jharkhand. IIM Ranchi currently offers a two year PGDM in General management, and the only IIM offering a full-time two year programme in Human Resources Management (PGDHRM). It also offer Fellow Program in Management (FPM), a fellowship programme funded by the government and an 24-month part time Diploma in Management (PGEXP). The programs are carried out in a world-class fashion with students being exposed to case-studies, relevant projects and relevant industry experience apart from class pedagogy.
To be among the top 10 b-schools in the Asian region by 2020 (we are already ranked the 4th best in the Eastern Region – HT & The Week and among the top 5 emerging b-schools in India – India Today)
- To attain thought leadership Through Erudite Fusion of Eastern Wisdom with the Western processes for Knowledge creation
- To strive for Holistic development of individual, institutions and the society at large
- To strive for harmonious co-existence with the society and the environment.
IIM Ranchi Programs
Post-Graduate Programme (PGP)
The flagship Post-Graduate Programme (PGP) in Management at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi is a two-year, full-time residential Programme.
The Programme is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- Develop competence in students to learn and adapt to the dynamic national and international environments and strive for excellence.
- Orient the participants to apply knowledge and understanding of theories and concepts from basic disciplines and functional areas for creation, growth, and management of organizations.
- Develop acumen to implement suitable strategies by critically analysing both internal and external organizational environment.
- Understand various approaches and techniques relevant to the organizational processes, models and practices.
- Develop cultural sensitivity to appreciate diverse points of view in a global environment.
- Exhibit high degree of integrity and ethics in behaviour.
Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM)
The flagship Post Graduate Programme in Human Resource Management (PGP-HRM) at the Indian Institute of Management (IIM) Ranchi is a two-year, full-time residential Programme. The curriculum has recently been revised to make it integrative, relevant and contemporary. These courses balance the concerns of organizations with those of employees on the one hand and present a systemic view of human resource practices on the other.
The Ph.D programme of IIM Ranchi has the objective of developing outstanding scholars for teaching or research careers at business schools/universities or management research institutions or careers in Government, industry, NGOs or for that matter any organization that requires advanced analytical and research capabilities.
Students can apply to the following areas of specialization:
- Accounting & Finance
- General Management (includes Business Communication, Business Ethics)
- Information Systems
- Marketing Management
- Organizational Behavior and Human Resource Management
- Operations Management
- Strategic Management
PGEXP is a comprehensive two-year post-graduate degree programme in management. The programme is designed for graduates of any discipline/CAs/CSs/ICWAs/professionals having graduate equivalent educational qualification with work/professional/entrepreneurial experience of a minimum of 5 years.
Two years part-time program with the 6 residencies of 7 days each at IIM, Ranchi and a residency of 20 days at College of Technology, University of Houston, Texas, USA after the 2nd Term.
Admission in IIM Ranchi
Admission to IIM Ranchi will be based on the performance of candidates in the CAT, Written Ability Test (WAT), and Personal Interview (PI) and also based on their profile. The WAT and PI process will be common for all the IIMs participating institutes.
Admission to PGPHRM programme of IIM Ranchi will be based on the performance of candidates in the CAT, Personal Interview & Written Ability Test (PI & WAT) and also on their profile. The PI & WAT process will be conducted by IIM Ranchi.
required to take Common Admission Test (CAT) held by the IIMs. Alternatively, those who have qualified in GATE, GRE, GMAT and NET-JRF (UGC/CSIR) examinations can also apply in the relevant area of specialization.
Indian Institute of Management Ranchi
5th Floor, Audrey House Campus,
Meur’s Road, Ranchi – 834 008
Tel: 91 0651 2280113
Fax: 91 0651 2280940